Data Request Policy
Please see Softxaa’s Privacy Notice for further information on what type of information Softxaa collects, how it is used and when it may be disclosed. Subject to Softxaa’s Privacy Notice, this Section describes the types of requests for data that Softxaa may receive and how Softxaa may respond to such requests.
Types of Requests:
- Data Request: A data request is a request for information or documents relating to Subscriber accounts in connection with official criminal investigations or other official legal proceedings. Except in limited emergency situations (see below), Softxaa requires data requests to be made through formal U.S. & India legal process and procedures, and we respond to such requests as required by law. Examples of data requests include Subpoenas, Court Orders, Search Warrants, Legal process received from outside the United States may require a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) with the United States, Other forms of legal process such as Civil Investigative Demands.
- Preservation Requests: A preservation request asks Softxaa to preserve Subscriber account records in connection with official criminal investigations or other official legal proceedings. Softxaa will preserve the Subscriber account records for the time frame specified in the data request or, if no specific preservation period is provided, Softxaa will preserve the data for 90 days. Unless otherwise expressly provided, the preserved Subscriber account records may be permanently deleted from our servers after 90 days. Preservation requests must include the following information: *Identification of the account(s) at issue (as further described in Section 4 below); *Identification of the investigating agency and/or specific pending official proceedings (requests must be signed on law enforcement letterhead ); *Assurances that the requesting agency or individual is taking steps to obtain appropriate legal process for access to the data that Softxaa is being asked to retain; and *A valid return email address and phone number.
- Notice to Softxaa Subscribers: Softxaa’s policy is to notify its Subscribers of requests for their data unless Softxaa is prohibited from doing so by statute or court order.
- Information to Include in a Request: The following information must be included in a request for Subscriber data: *First and last name of the customer and email address associated with the account; and *Domain name and/or IP address associated with the account. Softxaa may not be able to respond to a request without this information. Additionally, Softxaa reserves the right to request a copy of the complaint and any supporting documentation that demonstrates how the information requested is related to the pending litigation and the underlying subpoena.
- Sending a Requestr to Softxaa: Just email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees: Softxaa may seek reimbursement for costs in responding to requests as provided by law and may charge additional fees for costs in responding to unusual or burdensome requests.
- Available Information: Depending on the type of formal legal process provided, Softxaa may be able to respond with one or more of the following types of data:
- Non-Content: Softxaa will produce non-content information such as basic Subscriber information which may include the following subject to a valid request: *Name; *Email Address; *Date and time of account creation. *Billing information *IP Logs.
- Softxaa will only produce Subscriber content (such as website files and email content) pursuant to a valid search warrant from an entity with proper jurisdiction.
Last Edited: 15th November 2022